This Week There’s a Harvest of Eat Local Links

By
September 24, 2015 at 9:46 am

It’s Always Good to Ask Why

 

Boston strong demand (for local food).

Eat more types of local vegetables.

See old local film clips (not really food, but we don’t care, we love this stuff).

Only about 10 percent of the fossil fuel energy used in the world’s food system is used for producing the food; the other 90 percent goes into packaging, transporting, and marketing. Locally produced food is more energy-efficient, with the majority of energy use going toward food production.”  Some good reasons to eat local.

And Dan Barber on changing how we eat.

Some of the places your vegetarian friend can take you to are pretty good.

All the other links we could not bother to harvest ourselves.

 

|