Staying On Beet
As we wind down the summer–are your little locavores back in school this week–the Beet keeps a-pounding. We wanted to update you on some things forthcoming as well as remind you of some things that have just happened.
- Last week we got a sneak preview of the about to be opened City Provisions Deli. We think it will fill some key voids, and we will be telling you more about it soon.
- We also took some pictures of the Tomato Mountain farm in Brooklyn, Wisconsin, employer of the Local Mom, and we shall get them on the site ASAP.
- Melissa Graham, the Sustainable Cook never slows down. She’ll mix you up a tasty cocktail at Prairie Fire on Tuesday, August 23 to help support Purple Asparagus.
- The Annual Purple Asparagus benefit, Corks and Crayons is next Sunday.
- The harvest rolls. We have provided guidance for in-season produce. We will post shorty, a special guide on putting-up tomatoes.
- We keep our market shopping tips updated.
- The Local Family has called out Farmer’s Market BS BS. Come pile on in the comments. Expect more ranting from the Local Family this week on the locavore backlash.
- Share your compost experience in our Compost Chronicles.
- Keighty updates you on some good cheese plates around town.
- Finally, follow our Blog as we add eat local events and recap what you’ve missed.