The Last Round-up: North Shore Farmers Markets, 2011
Sadly, fall is now upon us, and with it inevitably comes the end of the harvest, and of the 2011 farmers market season. To keep you from showing up, bags and money in hand, to find that your favorite market is no more, here is a listing of the 2011 end dates. Note that the five Evanston markets have five different closing dates!
- Saturday downtown market: the last day will be November 5, 2011.
- Central St. Green Market: last day: Wednesday, October 25. Holiday poultry orders will be available; check with Janet Morse at the Trail’s End Farm booth.
- West End market: the final market will be on Saturday, October 29.
- Ridgeville market, SE Evanston: market has already closed for the season.
- Downtown McGaw YMCA market: last day will be Wednesday, October 26.
Glenview: closed for the year. However, the adjacent Wagner Farm does continue operating on a daily basis, and offers natural autumn decorations, and Christmas trees in season. Visit the website, or call for additional information and hours of operation (847- 657-1506).
Ravinia: The last market of the year will be held on Wednesday, October 26.
Skokie: The 2011 season finishes on Sunday, October 30.