North Shore Farmers Markets, 2011: Ravinia, 8/10/11 Update
Ravinia Farmers Market
Roger Williams Dr., East of Green Bay Road
Adjacent to Jens Jensen Park
Highland Park (Ravinia), IL
Wednesday, 7:00AM – 1:00PM
It is now high season for the farmers at Ravinia. Here is what is currently in season for selected farmers, and an update of the fluid vendor line-up:
- Dennis Acres, Barrington Hills, IL: several varieties of tomatoes, potatoes
- KAP Farms, Fox River Grove, IL: large assortment of vegetables, including field-grown tomatoes in several varieties, and a mixed-color blend of marble-sized potatoes
- Red Barn Farms, Woodstock: Cucumbers large and small, plus dill for pickling; tomatoes, cut flowers, onions, potatoes
- Klug Orchards, Berrien Center, MI, certified organic: truly exceptional apricots – large, dead ripe, sweet and subtle. Several other stone fruits – plums, peaches, sweet cherries – but the apricots are a don’t-miss. Too delicate to commercially ship, this quality of apricot is never found in retail stores.
- K&K Farms, MI: first pears of the season now available; stone fruit, including cherries
- Fraternite Notre Dame, St. Roger Abbey, Algonquin, IL: French pastries, tarts, breads; http://www.strogerabbey.org/
- High-Rise Baking Company, Chicago: artisan breads, scones, muffins, & rolls; http://www.highrisebakingcompany.com/
- Sweet Margy Toffee: Margy carries hand-made milk and dark-covered toffee, as well as fruit/nut mixes.
- Cheese People, Quincy, IL: cheeses of all kinds; http://thecheesepeople.com/
- Gata Bee Crepes: made-to-order sweet & savory crepes; catering available
- White Star, Morton Grove, IL: beverages, scones, pastries, pasta sauces, jarred soups, salsa
- Olive-Granet, Chicago, IL: pomegranate and olive spreads
Flowers & Plants
- Oosterhoff & Sons, Momence, IL: cut flowers
- Rolling Hills Nursery, IL : No longer a vendor, alas!
- Knife Sharpening by Dave: custom knife sharpening by an expert; http://sharpeningbydave.com/