Skokie Farmers Market, 7/18/2010 Update
Skokie Farmers Market
Sundays, June 27 through October 31
7:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
5127 Oakton St.
Free parking lot between Skokie Public Library and Skokie Village Hall
Skokie offered a truncated market today, as a fast-moving severe thunderstorm chased off a number of vendors by 12:15, and a couple even sooner than that. With the exception of KAP Farms, all were in shut-down mode by 12:30 – a prudent move, as the storm hit at 12:45.
- KAP Farms, Fox River Grove, IL; also a downstate IL farm at Troy (very large ribbed muskmelons; also overripe tomatoes, perfect for today’s salsas, for $1 per basket, consisting of 4 large beefsteak-type fruits)
- M&D Farms (peppers, vine crops, and unusual cast concrete garden ornaments, including skulls)
- T&H Farms, Marengo, IL (large delphiniums in full bloom; also mixed cut flower bouquets, zucchini, cucumbers)
- Sweety Pies, Skokie, IL (zucchini muffins and miniature quick breads; http://www.sweetypiesbakery.com/ )
- The Cheese People (cheese curds, for frying or for that DIY poutine; http://thecheesepeople.com/)
- White Star (freshly-made guacamole)
- Skokie Concert Choir (a taped performance; http://www.skokiechoir.org/)
- Balloon twister, for the kids (an early departure – gone by 12:15)