Bloggin’ My CSA: The Eighth Box
A little more waste crept in with delivery seven. The celery, which has a flavor and aggressiveness far superior to watery supermarket celery, had a very short shelf life. I used some, but in a couple days, it was dead. The rest of the box went down as expected. The tomatoes were perfect and we got about six servings of roasted cauliflower out of that huge head.
Delivery 8 of 10 is here and it’s chock-full of good stuff.
What’s in there?
- Potatoes I’m long on potatoes and I’m getting longer.
- Parsley: Herbs are always welcome.
- Peppers. Bell peppers. Eh. Maybe I’ll roast them and pack them in vinegar like the last batch.
- Radishes will be eaten with butter and fresh-baked bread.
- Green cabbage A picture-perfect head of cabbage that oddly reminded me of Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.
- Pears They’re tiny and I hope they’re tasty.
- Mystery Greens! The newsletter doesn’t say what this is. See below for a pic. At first glance I thought dandelion but they’re not that bitter. Maybe mizuna?
Anyone have an idea?