Winter Farmer’s Market – Sunday – DeKalb
Sunday in DeKalb
Sun., Mar. 1 ~ 9:30am to 1:30pm
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of DeKalb
158 N. 4th St.
DeKalb, IL 60115
• Admission to the market is FREE and open to the public.
• Brunch (made with ingredients from the participating farm vendors) will be served beginning at 11:30am while quantities last. A donation will be requested to cover the cost of the meal.
• Before the brunch, there will be coffee, tea & cider available as well as muffins, biscotti & other treats from our vendors. No need to leave the market hungry!
• See below for information on pre-ordering meat and poultry for pickup at the market
Pre-order meat, poultry & eggs
Tom Arnold from Arnold Farm, Elizabeth, IL, will be glad to take pre-orders for grass-fed beef, grain-fed beef, pastured pork and poultry. He’ll bring plenty of cuts to the markets, too, but for best selection, consider pre-ordering.
A variety of cuts of grass-fed lamb will be available (at the Saturday market only) from Kinkoona Farm, Brodhead, WI.
t you’ll find this week at the Winter Farmers Markets
- Grass-fed & grain-fed beef
- Pastured pork
- Free-range poultry
- Grass-fed lamb (Sat. only)
- Free-range eggs
- Fresh mushrooms
- Organic lettuce & greens
- Milled flours & wheatberries
- Popcorn & corn meal
- Goats’ milk soap for people & pets
- Fresh basil
- Onions & shallots
- Dips & spreads
- Infused vinegars & dried herb blends
- Sweet basil vinaigrette
- Frozen blueberries
- Hand-dyed yarns
- Handmade mittens & rag wool socks
- Catnip toys
- Spa & beauty products made with home-grown herbs
- Honey & beeswax candles
- Farm kitchen goodies, both savory & sweet
- Apple cider
- Organic blue corn tortilla chips
- Salsas, sauces & soups
- Pickled vegetables
- Cheese & cheese curds
- Fruit tarts, croissants, baguettes & pastries
- Fair trade olive oil
- Fair trade coffee
- CookbooksCSA subscriptions (more info below)
- Info about on-farm classes & summer camps (more info below), open houses & events
- Reusable shopping bags
. . . and much more!