Winter Market – St. Bens
Sat., Feb. 7 ~ 9am to 1pm
St. Benedict Parish
2219 W. Irving Park Rd.
(SE corner of Bell St. & Irving Park Rd.)
Chicago, IL 60618
you’ll find this week at the Winter Farmers Markets
- Grass-fed & grain-fed beef
- Pastured pork
- Pastured poultry
- New! Organic blue corn chips
- Fresh mushrooms
- Fresh greens & lettuce
- Milled flours & wheatberries
- Popcorn & corn meal
- Goats’ milk soap for people & pets
- Onions, garlic & shallots
- Dips & spreads
- Infused vinegars & dried herb blends
- Sweet basil vinaigrette
- Hand-dyed yarns
- Handmade mittens & rag wool socks
- Raw fibers, rovings,
wool batting & felting supplies
- Alpaca yarns & fibers
- Catnip toys
- Honey & beeswax candles
- Root vegetables
- Apple cider
- Salsas, sauces & soups
- Pickled vegetables
- Cheese & cheese curds
- Fruit tarts, baguettes & pastries
- Fair trade olive oil
- Fair trade coffee, tea & chocolate
- CSA subscriptions
- Reusable shopping bags
. . . and much more!
- Admission to the market is FREE and open to the public.
- During the market, enjoy Vietnamese spring rolls prepared to order by Angie Ackerman with organic ingredients from her farm, or a croissant or French pastry from the Sisters of Fraternite Notre Dame–and, of course, fair trade coffee.
- Pre-order meat and poultry from Arnold Farm, Elizabeth, IL (grass-fed beef, grain-fed beef, pastured pork and poultry), go to www.arnoldsfarm.com. Though much of what is shown there is bulk/whole sides, most cuts of beef and pork listed in those packages are for sale individually. Also, plenty of whole chickens, and turkeys in the 24# to 26# range. If you are interested in any of the set packages, definitely pre-order those to ensure availability.
- Add 10% to web site pricing to cover Arnold Farm’s contribution to Harvest of Hope Fund, a beneficiary of these Winter Markets.
- Email Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is best, but you are welcome to call Tom’s home phone: 815-858-2407.
- Cut-off time for ordering is Wednesday evening, Feb. 4, at 8pm. [If you're reading this after the cut-off, you can still try calling and Tom may be able to accommodate you.]
- Pick up your order Saturday at St. Ben’s between 9am and 1pm; plan to pay when you pick up with cash or check.