|What you’ll find this week at the Winter Farmers Markets
- Lettuce, greens & arugula
- Pastured pork & grass-fed beef
- Free-range whole chickens
- Goats’ milk soap for people & pets
- Infused vinegars, herb blends & rubs
- Milled flours & wheatberries
- Popcorn & corn meal
- Cheese & cheese curds
- Catnip toys
- Onions, garlic & shallots
- Dips & spreads
- Honey & beeswax products
- Fresh herbs & sprouts
- Sweet basil vinaigrette
- Knitted mittens, socks & hats
- Vegetable-dyed yarns & knitted clothing (Sunday only)
- Yogurt & eggs
- Potatoes & radishes
- Tomatoes & hot peppers
- Comforters, mattress toppers & wool batting (Sunday only)
- Apple cider & dried fruits
- Spicy Bloody Mary mix
- Salsas, sauces & soups
- Preserves & fruit butters
- Pickled vegetables & kimchee
- Canned peaches & tomatoes
- Beauty & spa products (Sunday only)
- Fair trade olive oil & coffee
- Fruit tarts, galettes, baguettes & croissants
- Reusable shopping bags
. . . and much more!
..spend your holiday dollars where they’ll really make a difference!
Create your own gift basket of nonperishables:
~ herb-infused vinegars [above] in beautiful colors and flavors from Herbally Yours, Willow Springs, IL
~ sauces, salsas, spicy Bloody Mary mix, preserves
from Tomato Mountain Farm, Brooklyn, WI
pickled mushrooms [below], spreads, sauces, salsas from River Valley Kitchens, Burlington, WI.
Goats’ Milk Soaps in fun shapes and heavenly scents–stocking stuffers, hostess gifts, pet soap gift packs…from Scotch Hill Farm, Brodhead, WI
Natural and vegetable-dyed yarns; hand-knitted clothing and decorative items…from
Videnovich Farms, Bridgman, MI
Thick mattress toppers–4-5″ of wool covered in organic cotton; warm in winter, cool in summer; comforters and quilt batting, too…from the Baa Baa Shop at Kinkoona Farm, Brodhead, WI
Natural beauty and spa products–salts, scrubs, oils, body frostings, facial masks–individually or in gift baskets or bags [above] and made using home-grown herbs by Natural Beauty by Margie, Bartlett, IL
A tall, dark bottle of Zatoun Fair Trade Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the Palestinian region fits in a wine bottle gift bag for a surprising and welcome gift (sold through AFSC)
Chicago / West Loop Gate
Sat., Dec. 13 ~ 9am to 1pm
Epiphany Episcopal Church
201 S. Ashland Ave. (corner of Ashland & Adams)
Chicago, IL 60607
- The market is held in the stunning sanctuary of this turn-of-the-century church.
- Admission to the market is FREE and open to the public
- An a la carte Café will be offered during the market, featuring
o Fair trade coffee, Seedling cider & Sugar River yogurt
o Vietnamese spring rolls made-to-order by Angie Ackerman with organic ingredients from the Ackermans’ certified organic farm in Chenoa, IL. Eat in or take some home….or both!
o Baked goods (croissants & pastries) made by the Sisters of Fraternite Notre Dame
- For best selection of beef, pork, & poultry, pre-order from C&D Family Farms [see below]. Be sure to ask about holiday hams!
Pre-Orders of Meat & Poultry
for pick-up Saturday 12/13 at Epiphany OR Sunday 12/14 at Epworth
Our meat & poultry vendor, C&D Family Farms from Knox, IN, will be glad to accept pre-orders for items to be picked up at either of the markets this weekend. Although they will also have many of these items at the market, pre-orders enable them to know what to bring, gives you access to better selection and ensures availability. Be sure to ask Crystal about holiday hams!
· Contact Crystal by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 574 772-5334, or fax 574 772-5541.
· If you’d like a product price sheet, email email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Cut-off time for ordering is Friday, Dec. 12, at 8am.
· Indicate when ordering whether you will be picking up on Saturday, Dec. 13, at Epiphany (between 9-1) or Sunday, Dec. 14, at Epworth in Elgin (between 9:30-1:30). Please be prompt, and plan to pay with cash, check payable to C&D Family Farms, or credit card.
A note about product availability
Quantities of some items are limited and/or may not be available at both markets. The list of items in this email is changed weekly based on expected participation, but our vendor and product availability is subject to the vagaries of the weather and other factors. Nonetheless, we will always try to have a wide variety of fresh and prepared farmstead goods! If you have questions about availability of a particular product, please email Robin at email@example.com.
Coming up . . .
Mark your calendars for these markets in January…
- Sat., Jan. 10, 9am to 1pm ~ St. Benedict Parish,
Chicago / Northcenter
- Sun., Jan. 11, TBD ~ North Shore Unitarian Church, Deerfield (tent.)
- Sun., Jan. 18, 9:30am to 1:30pm ~ Grace Lutheran Church, River Forest
- Sat., Jan. 24, 9am to 1pm ~ Lake Street Church, Evanston
- Sun., Jan. 25, 9am to 1pm ~ Edgebrook Lutheran Church, Chicago / Edgebrook
- Sat., Jan. 31, 9am to 12noon ~ Unity Temple Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Oak Park
- Sat., Jan. 31, 3pm to 7pm ~ Christ Our Savior Lutheran Church, Winfield
For a full schedule of Markets & Meals through March, click here.